Let’s Say No To Takeout Waste!
The #SkipTheStuff program allows restaurants to save money and resources by encouraging customers to use what they already have at home.
Skip the stuff. It’s that easy.
- In 2018, 35.7 million tons of plastic were generated in the U.S., and 27 million tons of plastic were landfilled. Only 8.7% of plastic was recycled. (EPA, 2018) Single-use condiments and single-use service ware contribute to this plastic waste.
- Restaurants and third-party delivery services should only provide single-use condiments and single-use service ware when requested by a customer.
Urge Washtenaw County to pass an ordinance that requires all retail food establishments to provide single-use condiments and single-use service ware only upon request by a customer. Our goal is to drastically reduce the amount of condiments, plastic silverware, and straws restaurants need to buy and make Washtenaw County a leader in the sustainability space.
We want to make ordinance as easy as possible on your restaurants, staff and customers. Together we will:
- Reduce the amount of waste generated by single-use items
- Change customer habits regarding single-use items
- Help your restaurants reduce unnecessary costs